We know you have a lot of questions about getting ready for your new school. Rest assured: we’ll make sure your entrance into the Menlo community is as smooth as possible, and that you’ll get all the information you need.
Here are some things you’ll need to do as we head into the summer.
1. Get your class schedule.
2. Get your list of required summer reading and learn how to order books.
The entire school, including sixth graders, will read Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Sixth graders will also choose two books to read from the sixth grade reading list.
Summer books will be available for purchase starting June 1 at MBSDirect.net for paper books. You are, of course, free to
purchase the same book from other booksellers or a Kindle or iBook version.
Fall course book lists can be found now at booklist.menloschool.org.
Learn about technology and the iPad program at Menlo.
3. Make sure you’ve got your immunizations and your health information is submitted.
In late May, you’ll get an email from Magnus Health Student Medical Record, our partner in collecting and managing student medical information. Fill out their online form with all your medical information, including immunizations (do not send records to Menlo!). Be sure to do this before August 1—you can’t come to school without it!
Before then, get your immunizations (including Tdap boosters) up to date.
4. Learn about summer sports opportunities and turn in your Sports Choices Form by May 10.
5. Turn in your Universal Permission Slip by May 10.
6. Be on the lookout for summer emails.
- In early August, you’ll get a letter and an email with all the information you’ll need for the start of school. Be sure to read this email!
To make sure Menlo emails don’t end up in your spam folder, add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your list of contacts and/or approved senders.
7. Put some important dates on your calendar.
- Tuesday, Aug 20: Welcome to Than Healy Event, 4:00-6:00 pm, Upper School Quad
- Wednesday, Aug. 21: Sixth Grade Orientation (students only), 2:00-5:00 pm; Kick-Off Event (all students and parents), 5:00-6:30 pm
Thursday, Aug. 22: First day of classes, 7:50 am-3:15 pm
8. Need help?