Every month or so, Menlo’s Head of School or another senior administrator writes an article about a pressing issue, an educational trend, or general thoughts and observations.
- October 2018: Than Healy, John Schafer, and La Vina Lowery discuss themes from recent surveys and share what the School is working and what’s to come (Part I of II).
- May 2018: Middle School Director La Vina Lowery talks about “Habits of the Heart and Mind.”
- May 2018: Upper School Director John Schafer introduces M Term.
- November 2017: Than Healy shares a few stories of what makes him especially grateful to be a part of this School.
- November 2017: Matt Mettille, Director of College Counseling, offers insights on some current trends in college admissions.
- September 2017: Than Healy reflects on his experience attempting a mid-air trapeze transfer and likens it to being a student at Menlo.
- April 2017: Peter Brown, Global Programs Coordinator, discusses Why Menlo Abroad?
- March 2017: Middle School Community Service Learning Coordinator Marisa LaValette discusses Knights in the Community service week
- December 2016: Than reflects on the benefits of athletics and the School’s tremendous fall season.
- October 2016: Than discusses the School’s great start and offers an overview of his goals for the year.
- June 10, 2016: Than Healy reflects on Menlo’s journey throughout the past year.
- January 29, 2016: Tracy Bianchi shares how we can partner to empower and support our kids and provides an overview of this year’s Parent & Faculty Education Conference.
- January 20, 2016: Angela Birts shares highlights and updates around the work we are doing to promote diversity and inclusion at Menlo.
- December 16, 2015: Than Healy talks about the joyfulness that abounds at Menlo and how it makes the School unique.
- December 7, 2015: La Vina Lowery discusses her experience and observations after living a “day in the life” of an eighth grader.
- November 2015: John Schafer examines the busy lives our students lead and discusses what we can do to slow things down
- October 2015: Than Healy, John Schafer, and La Vina Lowery provide an overview of the parent survey
- June 2015: Bridgett Longust discusses professional development
- April 2015: Than Healy offers a State of the School preview
- March 2015: Than Healy on the Auction and financial aid
- January 29, 2015: Tracy Bianchi and Laura McGourty on competition
- January 23, 2015: Than Healy talks about looking back in order to look forward
- December 2014: from Vidya Kagan, Director of Development
- November 25, 2014: Than Healy discusses gratitude and happiness
- November 4, 2014: from Angela Birts, Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- October 24, 2014: from Kris Weems, Athletics Director
- October 3, 2014: Than Healy’s thoughts on making ethical decisions
- August 2014: Than Healy’s thoughts on the importance of creating the right school environment.