Quarterly Menlo’s Head of School or another senior administrator writes an article about a pressing issue, an educational trend, or general thoughts and observations.
- October 2022: In this Knightline, Than Healy shares his goals and priorities for the 2022-2023 school year.
- September 2022: In this KnightLine, Than Healy shares his desire for our community to prioritize empathy in our work and interactions with each other.
- October 2021: In this KnightLine, Than Healy considers the importance of connection and the distinction between happiness and joy.
- April 2021: In this KnightLine, Keith Wheeler, and Than Healy discuss the miracle of vaccines, the troubling history of medical racism, and the need for radical empathy.
- September 2020: In this Knightline, Than Healy reflects on the lessons we can derive from those before us who faced immense challenges.
- April 2020: In this KnightLine, Than Healy reflects on a personal hero and discusses sustaining hope in the face of adversity.
- November 2019: In this KnightLine, Than Healy reflects on the importance of sustaining our community culture.
- December 2018: In this KnightLine, Than Healy offers his gratitude and a few holiday reflections.
- November 2018: Following up on the October KnightLine (below), Than Healy, John Schafer, and La Vina Lowery continue to discuss themes from recent surveys and share what the School is working and what’s to come
- October 2018: Than Healy, John Schafer, and La Vina Lowery discuss themes from recent surveys and share what the School is working and what’s to come (Part I of II).
- May 2018: Middle School Director La Vina Lowery talks about “Habits of the Heart and Mind.”
- May 2018: Upper School Director John Schafer introduces M Term.
- November 2017: Than Healy shares a few stories of what makes him especially grateful to be a part of this School.
- November 2017: Matt Mettille, Director of College Counseling, offers insights on some current trends in college admissions.
- September 2017: Than Healy reflects on his experience attempting a mid-air trapeze transfer and likens it to being a student at Menlo.
- April 2017: Peter Brown, Global Programs Coordinator, discusses Why Menlo Abroad?
- March 2017: Middle School Community Service Learning Coordinator Marisa LaValette discusses Knights in the Community service week
- December 2016: Than reflects on the benefits of athletics and the School’s tremendous fall season.
- October 2016: Than discusses the School’s great start and offers an overview of his goals for the year.
- June 10, 2016: Than Healy reflects on Menlo’s journey throughout the past year.
- January 29, 2016: Tracy Bianchi shares how we can partner to empower and support our kids and provides an overview of this year’s Parent & Faculty Education Conference.
- January 20, 2016: Angela Birts shares highlights and updates around the work we are doing to promote diversity and inclusion at Menlo.
- December 16, 2015: Than Healy talks about the joyfulness that abounds at Menlo and how it makes the School unique.
- December 7, 2015: La Vina Lowery discusses her experience and observations after living a “day in the life” of an eighth grader.
- November 2015: John Schafer examines the busy lives our students lead and discusses what we can do to slow things down
- October 2015: Than Healy, John Schafer, and La Vina Lowery provide an overview of the parent survey
- June 2015: Bridgett Longust discusses professional development
- April 2015: Than Healy offers a State of the School preview
- March 2015: Than Healy on the Auction and financial aid
- January 29, 2015: Tracy Bianchi and Laura McGourty on competition
- January 23, 2015: Than Healy talks about looking back in order to look forward
- December 2014: from Vidya Kagan, Director of Development
- November 25, 2014: Than Healy discusses gratitude and happiness
- November 4, 2014: from Angela Birts, Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- October 24, 2014: from Kris Weems, Athletics Director
- October 3, 2014: Than Healy’s thoughts on making ethical decisions
- August 2014: Than Healy’s thoughts on the importance of creating the right school environment.