Sea of Blue
Parents, Cheer On!
The Sea of Blue was created to increase the spirit of the Menlo School parent body and to provide parents with avenues of support for Menlo student athletes.
How? The Sea of Blue…
- Encourages attendance at all Menlo athletic events through increased communication and publicity;
- Supports the Athletic Department by coordinating volunteer needs at home games for concessions, ticket sales, scoreboard management, etc.; and
- Sells Menlo Sea of Blue logo items to enable a visible presence at athletic events.
- Any proceeds that are raised through concessions, Sea of Blue apparel, donations, team optional apparel, and other Sea of Blue fund raising activities will be used as follows:
- Supplement the Jay Ward Fund,* a full opportunity fund which assists students with need based athletic expenses
- Build team and community spirit at championship games through the purchase of balloons, banners and other items
What can you do? Opportunities to help build school spirit include:
- Representing your team as a Sea of Blue leader
- Selling spirit wear to parents at “pop up” table sales
- Coordinating spirit initiatives, working major games/tournaments/CCS events
- Providing concession sales to hungry students & parents at major games
- Improving order forms and print communications, posters
- Using your artistic talents to create Menlo navy and gold accessories
- Curating an online photo gallery featuring spirited Menlo parents
- Volunteering for the fun of it