In good health.
Menlo uses Magnus Health to collect and store your child’s health and medical information. A secure online system provides many benefits, including less paperwork for parents to complete each year, easier submission, and more accurate information accessible to both parents and the appropriate staff at Menlo. You will have continuous access to your child’s health record and the ability to make updates when needed. You will also have the option to take this electronic file with you after your child graduates from Menlo. You can learn more about Magnus Health Student Medical Record (SMR) by visiting its website here.
The security of your child’s health information is of utmost importance to all of us at Menlo and to the Magnus Health team. You can read about their privacy and security policies here. Rest assured that the information will be kept confidential.
If you have a student new to Menlo, you should have received an e-mail from Magnus Health providing you with login instructions and a new username and password for your child(ren)’s SMR account. Once logged in, you can easily fill out and submit all requested information and print out forms for your family physician to sign. In future years, you will simply return to Magnus Health’s website to confirm the information we have and make any needed updates or changes.
If you have a returning student(s), you should have received an email from Magnus Health, notifying you that you must take action with your online SMR. This email will list any incomplete requirement that is due or any existing requirement that will expire and needs updating. You will receive instructions at each step of the process upon login.
Here’s what to look for:
1) Information saved from last year will be displayed.
· Vital Health Record – You will need to review each section to update where necessary and save. Your information entered last year will be visible. If no changes are needed, or after changes are made, you must save each section to complete the requirement and submit for approval.
2) Information that may only require a digital signature to complete.
· Digital Authorization of Forms – Some requirements only need to be reauthorized for the upcoming school year. Magnus Health allows you to digitally sign the form online if no changes are needed. You will be prompted to reauthorize these forms by clicking “yes.” However, if you determine the forms are no longer valid and/or you need to make changes, you must print and physically sign a new form. The new form can be scanned and uploaded directly to the account. It can also be mailed or faxed to Magnus Health.
3) Information that must be renewed every year.
· Annual Doctors Forms – You must print these forms and take them to your doctor for signature, and then submit the forms back to Magnus Health. These forms may include physicals, medications, allergy action plans and more.
Medical Release and Confidentiality Statement: This is a mandatory form for all Upper and Middle School students.
Sports Injury Risk Warning and Informed Consent to Participate in Sports Activities and Waiver of Claims: This is a required form for all Upper School students participating in athletics
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us.
Joan Barada, RN, Health Services Coordinator
La Vina Lowery, Director of Middle School
Tony Lapolla, Dean of Students