Comprehensive Benefits for You and Your Family
Menlo School offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. We also offer financial benefits such as a Flexible Spending program for dependent care, unreimbursed medical expenses and commuter expenses, along with retirement savings planning, and much more.
What Do We Offer?
Our employees may choose from four premier medical plans:
- Kaiser HMO / Kaiser DHMO
- AETNA Health Savings Account
- AETNA Preferred Provider Option
- AETNA Health Maintenance Organization
Delta Dental Plan
California’s most widely accepted Dental Plan
Vision Service Plan (VSP) ensures that employees have access to a wide network of optometrists and vision care specialists.
Menlo School is committed to our employees being able to retire with dignity. We offer a TIAA-CREF Defined Contribution Retirement Plan:
- Menlo School contributes an amount equal to 9% of each qualified employee’s base salary into the employee’s retirement account plus an additional 3% if the employee contributes 3%. An employee saves 15% of their salary each year towards retirement with a contribution of only 3%.
- Employees may also set aside up to 20% of their salary on a pre-tax basis to save for retirement.
Menlo School provides a generous life insurance benefit and allows employees to buy additional voluntary life insurance.
Menlo School plans will continue to pay a percentage of your income if you become disabled and are unable to work.
Worker’s Compensation Plan
Employees who are injured at work have the right to medical care.
Employee Assistance Plan
Employees and dependents have access to up to six free counseling sessions with this plan.
Flexible Spending Accounts
This benefit allows you to pay for certain expenses with pretax funds.
- Dependent Care
- Unreimbursed Medical Care
- Commuter Costs
On-Campus Child Care Center
A caring and experienced staff offer a play-based curriculum in a vibrant facility on the School’s campus for children, from infancy to five years old, of Menlo School faculty and staff. Learn more.
This plan provides guidance and help with insurance issues.
- Fitness Training and Gym Facilities
- Yoga class
- Menlo School provides an onsite child care center for the children of our faculty and staff (ages six weeks to five years)
- Two weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition remission for qualified students of Menlo School employees
Menlo provides generous time off policies with time off for nationally recognized holidays as well as school break times during winter and spring.