Global Online Academy
Menlo is proud to be a member school of the Global Online Academy. Our students can stretch their learning and pursue their interests by taking an assortment of innovative online courses and receive Menlo credit.
The mission of the Global Online Academy is to reimagine learning to empower students and educators to thrive in a globally networked society. GOA strives to deepen learning through courses that equip students with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to be successful in high school, college, career, and life. GOA coaches teachers to think differently about how they design student learning experiences and works with educational leaders to ensure they have the strategies and tools to lead innovation and change.
Recently, through GOA, Menlo students have taken courses such as Graphic Design, Abnormal Psychology, Bioethics, Global Health, Digital Journalism, and Microeconomics.
GOA Class Information
- GOA courses are regular classes and cannot be taken in addition to a full load at Menlo. Students should expect to work five to seven hours per week in these classes.
- Students who take courses from GOA will receive Menlo credit, and the grade will be calculated into the student’s GPA.
- Menlo pays the cost of the GOA course for the student.
- GOA courses run on roughly the same semester schedule as Menlo courses.
- GOA courses will show on the transcript as “GOA: name of course.”
- GOA courses are electives and do not substitute for a course required for graduation at Menlo.
- Menlo students are limited to one GOA course per semester.
- Juniors and seniors are eligible to enroll in GOA classes. Sophomores need permission of the Director of the Upper School.
Please also refer to the GOA website.