Diving deep into global study.
Global Scholar Certificate Program
The Global Scholar Certificate Program encourages students who have demonstrated a serious interest and achievement in global studies while at Menlo through coursework, language study, community service, and travel. The program culminates in a Global Studies course and a substantial research project.
Global Scholars Course
This honors course teaches advanced research skills and provides a forum for the completion of the scholar’s major interdisciplinary thesis project, preparing them for a formal defense and presentation of their work. Learn more here.
Certificate Research Paper Examples
- Caroline Wheeler: “Conceptions of Conception: Definitions of the Beginning of Life and Their Effect on Abortion Regulation”
- Maya Varma: “Men, Women, and Cultural Benchmarks: Gender Roles and Social Organization of the Khasi and Kerala Cultures”
- Deena Nazem: ”The G Word: Genocide and Gradations of Horror”
- Jessie Rong: “Leftover Women and the Status of Feminism in Urban China”
- Kira Sze: “How Students Think About Learning: Growth Mindset In International Contexts”