Grandparents are an important part of the Menlo community.
Through our Grandparents Program, we invite you to engage with Menlo—and your Menlo grandchild(ren)—by participating in our special events and staying informed via our communications.
Our goals are three-fold:
- We hope that you will learn about Menlo by meeting Menlo faculty, administrators, and students
- We hope that you will connect with Menlo by attending events
- We hope that you will meet other Menlo grandparents and make friends
We are delighted that you are part of the Menlo community! We look forward to getting to know you!
We send two printed newsletters and several e-newsletters during the school year to our grandparents. To join our mailing list, please send your name, address, and email to Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read past newsletters here:
We typically host two events each year: one in the fall and one in the spring. The goals of these events are to provide information about Menlo and give attendees the opportunity to connect with other Menlo grandparents.
Our next event, Menlo Right Now, will be held on Zoom on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, from 10:30 - 11:30 am PT. Contact Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at email@example.com or 650.330.2001 ext. 2555 if you would like to RSVP for this event.
We had two virtual events during the 2020-2021 school year:
- Our first event, Grandparents Together, was on December 9, 2020, via Zoom. We heard from Head of School Than Healy about how students, faculty, coaches, and staff are faring this year, and then we moved into breakout rooms for grandparents to get to know each other.
- Our second event, A Day in the Life of your Menlo Grandchild(ren), was held on Zoom on May 7, 2021. Grandparents attended classes, heard from School leadership, and listened to a group of students as they talked about life during this most unusual school year.
Photos of past events
Menlo depends on the generosity of families, alumni, grandparents, and friends to sustain its academic programs and mission. We are fortunate to have talented students, dedicated and experienced faculty, and robust academics, arts, and athletics programs, all of which contribute to a first-rate educational experience. Equally important is the support we receive from our community. Through contributions of time, wisdom, and financial resources, our community supports the School’s mission and enables Menlo to flourish as a leading independent school, now and in the future.
We would appreciate your philanthropic support of Menlo; your gift will help your grandchildren, their teachers and coaches, and our entire Menlo community. Please make your gift at www.menloschool.org/support-menlo . Thank you for your support!
Interested in learning more?
For more information, contact Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.