Grandparents are an important part of the Menlo community.
Through our Grandparents Program, we invite you to engage with Menlo—and your Menlo grandchild(ren)—by participating in our special events and staying informed via our communications.
Our goals are three-fold:
- We hope that you will learn about Menlo by meeting Menlo faculty, administrators, and students
- We hope that you will connect with Menlo by attending events
- We hope that you will meet other Menlo grandparents, make friends, and have FUN!
We are delighted that you are part of the Menlo community! We look forward to getting to know you!
We send two printed newsletters and several e-newsletters during the school year to keep our grandparents informed about what’s going on at Menlo. To join our mailing list, please send your name, address, and email to Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at email@example.com. Read our past newsletters here:
We typically host two events each year: one in the fall and one in the spring. The goals of these events are to provide information about Menlo and give attendees the opportunity to connect with other Menlo grandparents.
In the 2022-2023 school year, we’ll have a combination of in-person events and Zoom events to engage all of our Menlo grandparents, wherever they are!
- Teaching & Learning in the 21st Century: How do teachers teach? How do students learn? - Wednesday, March 22, 2023 from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PT VIA ZOOM. Our world is changing at an exponential rate, and the world our students know today will be different from the one they enter tomorrow. At Menlo, our teachers continuously improve and adjust their teaching styles and curriculum in order to provide a relevant education. Join us on March 22 to hear from several teachers as they describe their stimulating classes and projects, and what the future looks like for Menlo students. Kindly RSVP for this event by sending your email to Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A few days prior to the event, Vidya will email the Zoom link to everyone on the RSVP list. We look forward to seeing you online!
- Our second event of the year, Tea and Wisdom with Menlo Students and Ralph Waldo Emerson, was an in-person event on December 12, 2022. Moderated by Upper School English teacher Margaret Ramsey, this event featured grandparents and students discussing life experiences and the teachings of Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- Our first event of the year, Creative Arts Fall Fest!, was held on Thursday, November 10, 2022, via Zoom.
We held three grandparents events during the 2021-2022 school year:
- Our first event, Menlo Right Now, was held on November 9, 2021, via Zoom.
- Our second event, Menlo’s “Secret Sauce,” was on March 8, 2022, via Zoom.
- Our final event was in person! We invited grandparents to attend Menlo’s Global Expo on April 24, 2022, on the Menlo campus.
Our events during the 2020-2021 school year included:
- Grandparents Together, held on December 9, 2020, via Zoom.
- A Day in the Life of your Menlo Grandchild(ren), held on Zoom on May 7, 2021, via Zoom.
Photos of past eventsmailto:email@example.com
Menlo depends on the generosity of families, alumni, grandparents, and friends to sustain its academic programs and mission. We are fortunate to have talented students, dedicated and experienced faculty, and robust academics, arts, and athletics programs, all of which contribute to a first-rate educational experience. Equally important is the support we receive from our community. Through contributions of time, wisdom, and financial resources, our community supports the School’s mission and enables Menlo to flourish as a leading independent school, now and in the future.
We would greatly appreciate your philanthropic support of Menlo; your gift will help your grandchildren, their teachers and coaches, and our entire Menlo community. Please make your gift at www.menloschool.org/supportmenlo. Thank you for your support!
Interested in learning more?
For more information, contact Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.330.2000 extension 2555.