Grandparents are an important part of the Menlo community.
Through our Grandparents Program, we invite you to engage with Menlo—and your Menlo grandchild(ren)—by participating in our special events and staying informed via our communications.
Our goals are three-fold:
- We hope that you will learn about Menlo by meeting Menlo faculty, administrators, and students
- We hope that you will connect with Menlo by attending events
- We hope that you will meet other Menlo grandparents, make friends, and have FUN!
We are delighted that you are part of the Menlo community! We look forward to getting to know you!
We send two printed newsletters and several e-newsletters during the school year to keep our grandparents informed about what’s going on at Menlo. To join our mailing list, please send your name, address, and email to Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read our past newsletters here:
The goals of our grandparents events are to provide information about Menlo and give attendees the opportunity to connect with other Menlo grandparents.
During the 2023-2024 school year, we are planning to have several in-person and Zoom events for our Menlo grandparents.
- Our first event of the year, Exploring AI at Menlo, will be held on Zoom on Thursday, November 2, 2023, from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm PT. AI tools have taken the world by storm. With capabilities such as solving math problems, writing computer code, and drafting essays, these rapidly evolving technologies have raised many questions about the future of education and the skills our students will need to thrive in the years to come. Join us on Zoom on November 2 for an informative look at how our students and teachers engage with AI in intentional and responsible ways. When used thoughtfully, AI tools can inspire boundless discovery and possibility. If you would like to attend this event, kindly RSVP to Vidya Kagan, Menlo’s Grandparents Program Liaison, at email@example.com or 650.330.2000 extension 2555. Several days before the event, Vidya will send the Zoom link to all grandparents who have RSVPed. We look forward to seeing you on Zoom!
In the 2022-2023 school year, we had a combination of in-person events and Zoom events:
- Our first event of the year, Creative Arts Fall Fest!, was held on Thursday, November 10, 2022, via Zoom.
- Our second event of the year, Tea and Wisdom with Menlo Students and Ralph Waldo Emerson, was an in-person event on December 12, 2022.
- Our third event of the year, Teaching & Learning in the 21st Century: How do teachers teach? How do students learn?, was held via Zoom on March 22, 2023.
- Our Menlo Middle School Grandparents & Grandfriends Day 2023 took place on Friday, May 12, 2023, at the Menlo Middle School.
We held three grandparents events during the 2021-2022 school year:
- Our first event, Menlo Right Now, was held on November 9, 2021, via Zoom.
- Our second event, Menlo’s “Secret Sauce,” was on March 8, 2022, via Zoom.
- Our final event was in person! We invited grandparents to attend Menlo’s Global Expo on April 24, 2022, on the Menlo campus.
Our events during the 2020-2021 school year included:
- Grandparents Together, held on December 9, 2020, via Zoom.
- A Day in the Life of your Menlo Grandchild(ren), held on Zoom on May 7, 2021, via Zoom.
Photos of past events
Menlo depends on the generosity of families, alumni, grandparents, and friends to sustain its academic programs and mission. We are fortunate to have talented students, dedicated and experienced faculty, and robust academics, arts, and athletics programs, all of which contribute to a first-rate educational experience. Equally important is the support we receive from our community. Through contributions of time, wisdom, and financial resources, our community supports the School’s mission and enables Menlo to flourish as a leading independent school, now and in the future.
We would greatly appreciate your philanthropic support of Menlo; your gift will help your grandchildren, their teachers and coaches, and our entire Menlo community. Please make your gift at www.menloschool.org/supportmenlo. Thank you for your support!
Interested in learning more?
For more information, contact Vidya Kagan, Grandparents Program Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org. or 650.330.2000 extension 2555.