French 2 assumes control of vocabulary and shows no significant, fossilized errors in Novice level material. Students will continue to develop the topics of Level 1, working to enhance acquisition of speaking, writing and listening skills necessary to understand spoken and written material in the target language. The course is conducted primarily in the target language. At the end of the course, students will be able to talk about familiar scenarios in increasing detail:
- Express needs
- Express feelings and reactions to less tangible situations.
- Express and understand less concrete ideas.
- Deal with most situations likely encountered while traveling.
- Describe events, experiences, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- Talk about family, school, and social settings.
- Demonstrate understanding of culturally appropriate behavior.
- Give brief explanations for opinions and plans.