Shuttle & Transit Schedules
Trains, buses—there are a lot of local public transit options to get to Menlo.
May 2-29 Update: Adjusted Caltrain Shuttle Schedule
Due to track work May 2-20, Caltrain has announced a schedule reduction. The Menlo Shuttle has returned to the modified schedule that ran in late March and early April. If your student has AP exams, please note that shuttles will not arrive at school until 7:49 am; some exams begin at 7:50 am so you may want to make alternative travel plans.
Morning Caltrain Shuttles
- 7:23 am shuttle arrives at Caltrain to pickup 7:23 am + 7:29 am NB trains.
- 7:41 am shuttle arrives at Caltrain to pickup 7:41 am + 7:49 am SB trains.
- 8:22 am shuttle arrives at Caltrain to pickup 8:22 am + 8:29 am NB trains.
- 8:41 am shuttle arrives at Caltrain for pickup of 8:41 am + 8:49 am SB trains (note this shuttle will likely arrive at Meno after 8:50 am).
Afternoon Caltrain Shuttles
- 3:15 pm shuttle leaves Menlo for departing 3:32 pm NB train and 3:38 pm SB train.
- 4:05 pm shuttle leaves Menlo for departing 4:23 pm + 4:29 pm NB trains and 4:49 pm SB train.
- 5:05 pm shuttle leaves Menlo for departing 5:23 pm + 5:29 pm NB trains and 5:41 pm + 5:49 pm SB trains (note this is the last shuttle for the day).
To find your public transit options to get to and from school, use the Public Transit Trip Planner on 511.org—look on the left side of the homepage. You can even use their mobile app for help on the go.
The Clipper card is an easy way to use public transportation throughout the Bay Area. You can buy monthly passes for Caltrain, samTrans, VTA, BART and other systems; students 17 years old and younger qualify for discount fares.
The San Mateo County Transit District bus system travels throughout the Bay Area and has stops near campus. Fare listings here. Route 83 runs along Valparaiso. Routes 295, 296, 390, KX and 85 stop at the Menlo Park Caltrain station, where you can catch the Menlo School Shuttle (see schedule below) to campus.
Menlo School Shuttle Bus & Menlo Caltrain schedule
If you are planning to take the Caltrain Shuttle to and/or from Menlo this year, please fill out this form.
Please note the schedule is subject to change based on Caltrain times. All students must wear a mask at all times on the shuttle. The afternoon shuttles will pick up in the Loop from Menlo. The shuttle will not wait. If morning trains are late, students should be prepared to walk or take an earlier shuttle. The last morning shuttle will leave to take the students that have arrived and may not be able to make it back in time for delays.
Shuttle Schedule after Aug. 30:
Shuttle Pick up from Menlo Train Station
|8:15 am||#304 SB||8:12 am|
|Shuttle Departure from Menlo School Loop||Serves||Northbound||Southbound|
|4:50 pm||#310 SB||5:12 pm|