Our world is changing at an exponential rate, and the world our students know today will be different from the one they enter tomorrow. At Menlo, we strive to ensure that our students are prepared to meet these challenges.
Our students learn from an array of perspectives, experiences, and cultures that open their minds to new possibilities. Our program, led by outstanding faculty and coaches, strives to help students discover their interests through an engaging and challenging curriculum and strong arts and athletic programs.
Menlo is home to a tight-knit community where everyone matters and diverse thoughts and ideas are celebrated. This supportive community empowers each student to find their voice as they build relationships that will last a lifetime and foster a lifelong love of learning.
There’s an atmosphere of kindness, trust, and respect here, and we believe that learning is a journey that should be enjoyed. You’ll find evidence of joy spread throughout our campus.
Visit our Video Gallery to hear our students and teachers talk about the Menlo experience.
The Menlo Experience
DISCOVER YOUR INTERESTS:
- Our students write publishable scientific articles, poems, fiction, newspaper stories and research papers.
- They build electric motors, remote-controlled hovercrafts, roller coasters, and computers.
- And they succeed: nearly every varsity sports team has earned section academic awards.
FIND YOUR VOICE:
- Students create movies, compose original songs, play the trumpet, act out the journey of Odysseus, and write iPhone apps.
- They explore, tracking Alexander the Great’s journey of conquest using Google Earth, running forensic DNA experiments, reading the evening news in Mandarin, or writing class blog in the style of William Golding.
- They stretch, trying out a new sport or diving deeply into a quirky interest.
Enjoy the journey:
- We inspire students to trust: the teacher-student relationship is the heart of our community.
- Our students connect and make friendships that last a lifetime.
- They play: you can find them throwing a Frisbee on the Loop, joining the Halloween costume parade, or breaking into a group cheer in the middle of assembly.