The school for you.
About the School
Challenging. Engaging. Joyful.
At Menlo, innovative teachers raise the bar to create a challenging academic program. And to help students meet that challenge, Menlo keeps the classroom engaging. Put these two together, and you’ll find a campus full of joy. Our students find it a joy to come to school. And happy students are engaged students, open to challenge.
Visit our Video Gallery to hear our students and teachers talk about the Menlo experience.
The Menlo Experience
A challenging academic program:
- Our students write publishable scientific articles, poems, fiction, newspaper stories and research papers.
- They build electric motors, remote-controlled hovercrafts, roller coasters and computers.
- And they succeed: nearly every varsity sports team has earned section academic awards.
An engaging classroom:
- Students create movies, compose original songs, play the trumpet, act out the journey of Odysseus and write iPhone apps.
- They explore, tracking Alexander the Great’s journey of conquest using Google Earth, running forensic DNA experiments, reading the evening news in Mandarin or writing class blog in the style of William Golding.
- They stretch, trying out a new sport or diving deeply into a quirky interest.
A joyful environment:
- We inspire students to trust: the teacher-student relationship is the heart of our community.
- Our students connect and make friendships that last a lifetime.
- They play: you can find them throwing a Frisbee on the Loop, joining the Halloween costume parade, or breaking into a group cheer in the middle of assembly.