Menlo’s Creative Arts programs will inspire you, spark your curiosity, and help you develop the critical creative thinking skills that you’ll be called upon to use throughout your time at Menlo and beyond. You’ll learn the fundamentals of the art forms that interest you as you enhance your ability to articulate ideas, problem solve, and think creatively.
Upper School Arts
Middle School Arts
In our Middle School Creative Arts program, students learn the fundamentals of a variety of
art forms while enhancing their ability to articulate ideas, problem solve, and think creatively.
From drama and music to studio art, dance, and photography, all Middle School students take
Creative Arts courses and have the opportunity to enjoy the creative process and shine as artists.
All 6th grade students take one quarter of each of the following art classes:
- Visual Art
7th and 8th Grade
Students take two semesters of creative arts, choosing from semester-long electives:
- Music: Mixed Chorus, Percussion
- Visual Art: 2d Drawing, Sculpture, Photography
- Drama: Scenes, Improv
- Dance: Choreography, Style and Performance, Dance for Athletes
- Other Art Electives: Boys’ Chorus (Boys’ Noise), Yearbook, and Yoga
- Drama - presents two plays and a musical each year
- Chamber Ensemble meets once per week
- Dance performing groups - IgKnight (6th grade) and Knight Lights (7th/8th grade)
- Club offerings include girls’ chorus (girls’ glee) and other music and visual art opportunities